Create a new row in a Smartsheet sheet. NOTE: Smartsheet only allows 5,000 rows per sheet.
- Your Smartsheet sheets (dropdown list): a list of all available Smartsheet sheets associated with your Smartsheet account.
- Row Position (dropdown list):
- Top of Sheet - This will add the row at the top of the sheet
- Bottom of Sheet - This will add the row at the bottom of the sheet
- Above Row - This will add the row above a row that you specify
- Below Row - This will add the row below a row that you specify
- To Parent Row (top) - This will add the row as the top child row to a parent row that you specify
- To Parent Row (bottom) - This will add the row as the bottom child to a parent row that you specify
Input fields for Add Row are dynamically generated per Smartsheet sheet. For each column in a sheet, an input field will be generated. Input fields will be named with respect to the column they refer to.
For example, if a column is named “Date” in a Smartsheet sheet, it will have a corresponding input field named “Date”.
If no custom names are specified, the default Smartsheet naming scheme (Column1, Column2, …) will be used.
If ‘Above Row’, ‘Below Row’, ‘To Parent Row (top)’, or ‘To Parent Row (bottom)’ is selected from the ‘Row Position’ dropdown menu, then a Row ID field will appear so that you can specify a row.
If the ‘Restrict to…’ checkbox at the bottom of the Insert Column or Edit Column Properties form is checked in Smart sheet UI, you need to fill in the correct data to pass data validation.
For example, for Date column type, if ‘Restrict to dates only’ is checked, a date like “02/12/2018” should be filled;
for Dropdown List column type, if ‘Restrict to dropdown values only’ is checked, only one option value from the list should be filled;
for Contact List column type, if ‘Restrict to list values only’ is checked, the email address should be filled if email address is available, otherwise, name should be filled.
- id (text): the Smartsheet ID for the created row
- rowNumber (text): the number assigned to the newly created row.