Update a row in a sheet. To use this card, first select which sheet to update. In the options pane, select from one of the sheets in your account, or select _–Insert ID–_ if you want to specify the ID of the sheet as in input.
If you selected one of your sheets in the previous step, then you’ll have an input Row -> id that identifies which row in the sheet - this might come from the output of an Add Row card, or the output of a Search card. In addition, you’ll see a set of dynamically-generated inputs, one for each column in your sheet.
If you select the sheet as –Insert ID– then you’ll see an additional input, Sheet -> ID - this is the ID of the sheet to use, either from a previous card such as Create Sheet, or type it in (you can find the ID of a sheet in the Smartsheet application, under Properties). In this case, the columns are not auto-populated for you. For each column that you want to update, create an input under the Columns section - each input should exactly match the name of the column in your sheet.
- Your smartsheet sheets: The sheet to update, or –Insert ID– to define the sheet as an input.
- id (text): Smartsheet id of the row to update
- Row ID (text): If you want to update the location of the row, the ID of the row used to define the new location of the current row
- Position (Option): The position of the current row relative to Row ID. Options:
- Do Not Move: does not move the row
- Top of Sheet: moves row to the top of the sheet. Row ID not required for this option, and will be ignored if provided
- Bottom of Sheet: moves row to the bottom of the sheet. Row ID not required for this option, and will be ignored if provided
- Above Row: moves row above Row ID
- Below Row: moves row below Row ID
- To Parent Row (Top): makes row a child of Row ID, putting it above all other child rows
- To Parent Row (Bottom): makes row a child of Row ID, putting it below all other child rows
- Indent: keeps row in current position, but indents it. Row ID not required for this option, and will be ignored if provided
- Outdent: keeps row in current position, but outdents it. Row ID not required for this option, and will be ignored if provided
- Sheet (only if you selected –Sheet ID–)
- ID (text): Smartsheet id of the sheet that contains the row to update
- The column values to update - either dynamically generated if you selected a specific sheet, or added explicitly if you selected –Insert ID–
- When dynamically generated, if the ‘Restrict to…’ checkbox at the bottom of the Insert Column or Edit Column Properties form is checked in Smart sheet UI, you need to fill in the correct data to pass data validation. For example, for Date column type, if ‘Restrict to dates only’ is checked, a date like “02/12/2018” should be filled; for Dropdown List column type, if ‘Restrict to dropdown values only’ is checked, only one option value from the list should be filled; for Contact List column type, if ‘Restrict to list values only’ is checked, the email address should be filled if email address is available, otherwise, name should be filled.