Send an update request to another Smartsheet user. The recipient will get an email asking them to update a certain row with new information.
- Your Smartsheet sheets: choose the sheet you would like the recipient to update, or if you choose the option – Insert ID – you will be able to dynamically input a sheet ID from an action previously in the FLO.
- Columns to send: choose “All Columns” to ask the recipient to update all columns, or choose “Customize” to choose which columns to send.
Based on your choices in the “Options” step, you will see a subset of the fields below.
- Row ID (number): the unique ID of the row you would like the recipient to update. This field is required.
- To: the email address of the user you would like to send the update request to.
- Subject: the subject line of the email.
- _Message:_ the content of the email.
- CC Me: set to “true” if you would like to be CC’d on the email.
- Attachments: set to “true” if you would like row attachments to be included in the update request.
- Discussions: set to “true” if you would like row discussions to be included in the update request.
- Sheet ID (number): the ID of the sheet you would like the user to update. If visible, this field is required.
- Columns: A dynamically generated list of the columns in your sheet. If you would like the column to be included in the update request, set that field to “true.” At least one column must be included.