The Monitor Column Event Card monitors for updates or additions to a column inside a Smartsheet sheet.
- Your Smartsheet sheets (dropdown list): a list of all available Smartsheet sheets associated with your Smartsheet account.
- Sheet Columns (dropdown list): a named list of columns within the sheet selected. The items in this list are dynamically named according to the names of the column within the sheet selected.
Important: In addition to the output fields listed below, the Monitor Column Card will also generate a number of dynamic output fields. These fields are generated based on the names you have given the rows within your Smartsheet sheet.
- Column ID (text): Smartsheet id of the column being monitored.
- Value (text): the raw value of a cell (e.g., a cell may contain the raw value ‘2.00’, but may be displayed as the number ‘2’)
- Display value (text): the formatted value of a cell (as in the above example, within a cell the display value may be ‘2’, but the raw value would be ‘2.00’)
- Row ID (text): Smartsheet id of the row that contains an updated column cell.
- Row Number (text): The number of the row that has been updated.
- Modified time (text): A timestamp of the form: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.
- Previous display value (text): The external value that was previously contained within a cell of the updated column.
- Previous value (text): The internal value that was previously contained within a cell of the updated column.
- Modified by (text): Name of the user who updated the column.