Authorizing an Account
The first time you add a Marketo card to a FLO, you need to set up a configuration for that Connector. Setting up a configuration will allow you to connect Azuqua to your Marketo account, save the information, and reuse that configuration next time you build a FLO with the connector. That way, you don’t have to sign in every time you want to build a FLO with this Connector. After you’ve set up one configuration, you can choose to use that configuration again, or set up a new one.
You can set up and save multiple configurations and share them with your teammates. Here’s how to set up a new configuration in Marketo:
- Navigate to the Admin panel within Marketo. NOTE: You must be an administrator with API access to find the information needed to authenticate Marketo in Azuqua.
- Find your endpoint:
- Click Web Services
- Scroll down to the REST API section and copy the Endpoint URL. NOTE: If your Endpoint is https://xxx-xxx-xxx.marketo.com/rest, you will enter everything through the .com intoAzuqua, not the /rest. So your Endpoint forAzuqua will be https://xxx-xxx-xxx.marketo.com.
- Copy and paste the Endpoint URL into Azuqua.
- Find your Client ID and Secret:
- Navigate to LaunchPoint
- Look for the installed service called Azuqua. If you do not have one, follow these steps:
- Click New > New Service
- Name this service Azuqua
- Select “Custom” from the Service dropdown
- Add a description that will help you remember this service later
- Select the API only user you wish to give access to this account
- Select Create
- Select View Details next to the Azuqua service
- Copy and paste your Client ID and Secret into Azuqua
- Click Next
And your configuration is complete.