Finds one or more contacts (up to 100) that match a provided search criteria.
- Result Set (dropdown): choose between “First matching contact” or “All matching contacts.” Note: The HubSpot API limits the results to be a maximum of 100 contacts.
Note: If you want to narrow your results using complex criteria, then choose “All matching contacts,” search using a single field (e.g. Email), and then follow the Search Contacts card with a Filter or Filter Custom card.
- Value (text): The query value of what you want to match against. You can search by either email, name or company name.
Depending on your choice on the second tab (see above) for Result Set, the output will either be a list of contacts or a single contact.
For “First Matching Contact”, the output fields are the values for a single contact:
- Contact ID (number): the unique ID for the contact. You can pass this ID to other HubSpot CRM actions such as Delete Contact or Update Contact.
- First Name (text): The contact’s first name.
- Last Name (text): The contact’s last name.
- Salutation (text): The word or phrase serving as the introductory greeting in writing.
- Email (text): The contact’s preferred email address.
- Phone Number (text): The contact’s primary phone number.
- Fax Number (text):The contact’s primary fax number.
- Street Address (text): The contact’s primary street address for mailings.
- Hubspot Owner (text): The owner ID of a contact. This can be any HubSpot user or Salesforce integration user, and can be set manually or via Workflows.
- City (text): The city in which the contact’s primary street address is located.
- State/Region (text): The state in which the contact’s primary street address is located.
- Postal Code (text): The postal code used for mailings to the contact’s primary street address.
- Country (text): The country in which the contact’s primary address is located.
- Job Title (text): The name of the contact’s position at their place of employment.
- Close Date (text): The date on which the contact became a customer of your business.
- Lifecycle Stage (text): The current state of the sales cycle that the contact is in, e.g. ‘subscriber’, ‘lead’, ‘marketingqualifiedlead’, ‘salesqualifiedlead’, ‘opportunity’ and ‘customer’.
- and more… : HubSpot includes many fields by default, but users can customize the list. Here is a full list of the HubSpot’s default contact properties with descriptions (external link to the HubSpot KnowledgeBase.) TIP: When
If you chose “All matching contacts”, there’s a single output field:
- Contacts (list of objects): A list of contacts, where each contact has all of the individual contact fields including one called “Contact ID” as well as all of the other fields (see list above). To work with items in a list, see the available List Functions that can follow in your Flow, such as Filter to narrow down the list or For Each to process the contacts one at a time.
NOTE: Because of changes to the labels of certain fields in the Hubspot API, it may be necessary to regenerate inputs and/or outputs on cards by clicking the gear icon at the bottom right corner of the card and selecting “Choose fields.” This change affected the “Hubspot Owner” field, which may have been changed to “Company Owner,” “Deal Owner,” or “Contact Owner” depending on the card. If you created your card after May 9th, your card will have generated the currently correct inputs and/or outputs.