Authorizing an Eventbrite Account
The first time you use an Eventbrite card in your FLO, you will need to authorize an account.
- Add an Account Nickname. This should be unique, so that in the case that your teammates authorize multiple accounts, you will be able to tell them apart.
- Click “Create” to launch a pop-up window to sign into your account and save this configuration.
- Attendee Checked In - Start a FLO when an attendee is checked in to an event.
- Attendee Checked Out - Start a FLO when an attendee is checked out of an event.
- Event Published - Start a FLO when an event is published from your account.
- Event Updated - Start a FLO when an event in your account is updated.
- New Attendee - Start a FLO when a new attendee registers for an event.
- New Event - Start a FLO when an event is created in your account.
- Order Placed - Start a FLO when a new order is placed.
- Order Refunded - Start a FLO when an existing order is refunded.
- Order Updated - Start a Flo when an existing order is updated.
- Updated Attendee - Start a FLO when an event attendee is updated.
- Get Attendees Report - Returns a report of the aggregate attendee data
- Get Sales Report - Returns a report of the aggregate attendee data
- List Event Attendees - Read a list of the attendees from an event in your account using the event ID
- Read Event - Return event information from an event's id
- Read Order - Return order information from an order ID
- Search Events - Search for an event using a query, date range, and/or category IDs