Convert one value to another using a lookup table, e.g. one web service code to another web service code, a department name to a contact email, etc.
- Value: _(text)_ The value you want to look up
- Lookup Table: Click the bottom row to add new rows. Click the x at the left of a row to delete a row.
- When Value Is: _(column - text)_ The possible input values
- Then Result Is: (column - same type as Result output) The corresponding results for each value
- Otherwise Result Is: (same type as Result output) The result to use if there are no matches in the lookup table
- Result: The result of the lookup. If an exact match is found for Value in the When Value Is column, then Result is set to the corresponding value in the Then Result Is column; otherwise, Result is set to the Other Result Is value. Defaults to type text. If you change the type, then it also automatically changes the type for the Then Result Is column and the Otherwise Result Is input.
For advanced scenarios, consider also:
Tables - best for large lookup tables, tables that are frequently changing, and/or tables that are shared by multiple Flows.
Object - Construct and Get - for lookup tables where the potential values for the result are not known in advance (i.e. are set by outputs when the Flow runs). Build the object at runtime using Construct and then use Get to do the lookup. (Alternatively, you can also do this using nested If/Else or successively linked Assign If functions.)