This Event will start the FLO every time there is a new message in a specific Slack Channel.
NOTE: Be careful if your FLO sends an additional message to the channel because you could create an infinite loop if the FLO continues to respond to its own responses. If you want to monitor a private channel, see New Message in Private Channel.
To configure this card, you must complete the following steps:
- Choose a Slack account that has already been configured, or select “New Account” to connect a new account.
- Choose the Slack Channel you would like to monitor from the drop-down list. This list only includes the Channels you are currently a member of.
- If you are unable to connect to your account, you will receive an “INVALID CONFIG” message and you will not be able to finish configuring the card. Click the Accounts tab to go back and select a different account.
- Your Channels (dropdown): a list of the public channels you can select from to monitor.
- Text: the text of the new message
- Timestamp: The unique timestamp of the message
- Full Name: the full name of the user who posted the message
- Username: the slack username of the user who posted the message. Does not include the @ symbol (e.g. flo not @flo). Drag this output to the “Search User by Username” Action to get more information about the user.
- User ID: the unique Slack user ID of the user who posted the message