Note: The MailChimp API returns an error if the email is already in the list. To add an existing member to a Group, use the Add Existing Member to Group action.
- Your list (dropdown list): The name of your MailChimp email list.
- Group Title (dropdown list): The category name for the group.
- Group Name (dropdown list): The option within the group to add the new member to.
- Options (dropdown list): Choose subscribed to add the member’s email immediately. Use pending to send a confirmation email. Unsubscribed or cleaned will add the email to an archive and prevent sending to that email address in the future.
- Email Address (text): Email you want to add to the group.
- Merge Fields (multiple fields): These are the custom fields for contacts that have been set up in MailChimp using the ”List fields and |MERGE| tags” feature. For example, new lists by default have fields for First Name and Last Name using the tags FNAME and LNAME.