Monitors Eloqua for new contacts.
The fields are dynamically generated and will reflect the fields that are available in your Eloqua instance for a contact record. Here are some standard fields that you may see as outputs on your monitor:
- Contact ID (text): the unique identifier in Eloqua of the record that was created
- Contact Status (text): the contact’s status in Eloqua
- First Name (text): the first name of the contact that was created
- Last Name (text): the last name of the contact that was created
- Title (text): the title of the contact that was created
- Business Phone (text): The contact’s business phone.
- Mobile Phone (text): The contact’s mobile phone.
- Email (email address): the email of the contact that was created
- Email Format Preference (text): plain text or html.
- Fax (text): The fax for the customer.
- Sales Person (text): The sales person assigned to the contact.
- Created At (timestamp): the day and time at which the record was created.
- Updated At (text): When the contact was most recently updated.
- Company (text): The company the contact belongs to.
- Is Bounceback (text): If their email are bouncing back.
- Is Subscribed (text): If they are subscribed to emails.
- City (text): The city they live in.
- State or Province (text): The state or province they live in.
- Postal Code (text):The contact’s Zip/Postal code.
- Country (text): The country the contact lives in.
- Execution ID (text): The ID for the event.