This workbook is designed to accompany section 104 - Functions.
For this workbook, you should have your own environment with login credentials.
If you are using a Production environment, please take care with any existing processes.
You may also elect to use 30-day free Trial Org by visiting: https://azuqua.com/sign-up
Because this is an Integration product, we will encourage you to use freely-available applications within this material. Tools such as Twitter, Slack, and others are great products and typically allow you to sign-up for free!
The Story - 104 Exercises
This set of examples demonstrates the use of basic Functions.
You have a list of email addresses that you need to process and then send a message about your product.
Exercise 104-1 - Create a New Flow
Begin by creating a new Flow:
- Login to your environment
- Click “+ New Flow”
- Scroll down and select “Child Flow”
- Name and Save your Flow: Call it “Functions Exercise”
- Add a new function by clicking “+”
- Search for “Split” - which is in the String category
- For the string, enter your email address
- For the delimiter, enter the “@” symbol
- Click the “Test this card” icon to confirm that the card works correctly
Exercise 104-2 - Add Function: List At
Next, let’s use the List At function to return the item from the list that we want (e.g. the part before the “@” sign).
- Add a new function by clicking “Add Function”
- Select List - At
- Configure the card by dragging the output from the String Split card to the “list” field
- Leave the index at “0”. This indicates the first position
- Test your Flow
Exercise 104-3- Add Functions: Date Now and Date To String
Let’s now get today’s date and time so we can use it in our email message.
- Add a new function again and add a Date Now function
- No configuration is required for this card but take a moment to look at all the fields that it returns for use!
- New function - add a Date to String card (under Date)
- Drag the date field from “Now” over to the “start” field
- Click the “?” icon on the bottom of the card to view date formats
- Copy the format: “D-MMM-YY HH:mm:ss.S z”
- Paste it into the “format” field
- Again reference the in-app Help
- Type “US/Pacific” for your time zone (or choose your own)
- Save and Test your Flow.
- Review the format of the date in the output field and the date-to-string cards
Exercise 104-4- Add Function: Compose
Let’s use the String Compose card to craft an email message that we would send to the person.
- Add Function: String Compose card
- Type a message (see the image below)
- Within your message - DRAG over the person’s name and include the date from previous Cards
- Test your Flow
You may opt to include an Action to send the message via email, Slack, or some other application!