This workbook is designed to accompany section 103 - Actions and Events.
For this workbook, you should have your own environment with login credentials.
If you are using a Production environment, please take care with any existing processes.
You may also elect to use 30-day free Trial Org by visiting: https://azuqua.com/sign-up
Because this is an Integration product, we will encourage you to use freely-available applications within this material. Tools such as Twitter, Slack, and others are great products and typically allow you to sign-up for free!
The Story - 103 Exercises
Imagine a scenario where you need to interact with whomever mentions your company on twitter.
You (personally) don’t want to constantly check in on your corporate Twitter feed, so you need a way to notify both you and your team whenever this happens.
To do this you’ve decided that you want to get a slack message anytime someone mentions your company on Twitter.
Exercise 103-1 - Create a New FLO / Configure your Twitter Connection
For this exercise, let’s begin by creating a FLO:
- Login to your environment
- Click “+ New FLO”
- If you have not already configured Twitter:
- Go to Settings >> Connections
- Select “Twitter”
- Authenticate with your Twitter Credentials
- If the Twitter Connection is configured
- Select “Twitter” from My Connected Apps
Exercise 103-2 - Add Event: Monitor Keywords
Now, configure your event:
- Select the “Monitor Keywords” event
- Add a keyword of your choice using a hashtag (like #DigitalTransformation)
- Save your FLO with an appropriate name
Exercise 103-3 - Add Action: Send Direct Message via Slack
Create a new card for the Slack Action you wish to take:
- Click the “Add Action” link under “What’s next?”
- Search for Slack and select the application
- As with Twitter, if you have not already configured Slack - make sure go to Settings >> Connections and do that first
- Select “Send Direct Message” card
- Choose your Slack account
- Configure OPTIONS
- Unfurl URLs = Yes
- Field Type = Username
- Add fields
- Drag Username from the Twitter card to the Username fields
- Drag “Content” into the Text field
The resultant FLO should look like this …
Save and Test the FLO
Once complete, let’s test the FLO:
- Save your FLO, giving it a good description
- Turn on “Enable Save Data”
- Test the FLO by either:
- Clicking the orange play button near the top of the screen
- Selecting the “Save and Test” button near the right of the FLO
NOTE: Depending on the keyword (hashtag) you’ve selected, it may take several attempts to retrieve results. Feel free to change your keyword so as to test that the FLO works correctly!