Authorizing an Account
Authorization of a MySQL Account
The first time you add a MySQL card to a Flow, you will need to create a configuration. This will allow you to connect to your account, save your account information, and reuse that configuration next time you build a Flow with the connector. That way, you don’t have to sign in every time you want to build a Flow with this Connector. Instead, use the configuration you have already set up.
You can create and save multiple configurations and share them with your teammates. Here’s how to set up a new configuration in MySQL:
- Enter in an Account Nickname. This should be unique so if you are connecting multiple MySQL accounts you will be able to tell them apart (e.g. “mysql1”).
- Enter your MySQL Username and Password.
- Enter the Database Host, the server that hosts your database (e.g. “stampy.db.elephantsql.com”). Do not include the protocol or port.
- Enter your Database Name, the unique name of your database on the server.
- Enter the Database Port, the port that your database can be accessed at. The default port for MySQL is ”3306”. You can find your port in the URL used to access your database after the hostname (e.g. “mysqldb://[username]:[password]@[hostname]:3306/[database name]“).
- Click Create to finish this configuration.